Kik, like most messenger these days, allows users to message their friends with everything from photos and videos, to GIFs and emojis.
Popular for its anonymity at its time, for more than two years of its release in 2010, the Kik Messenger app became popular among teens, millions of users by identifying by only their Kik Usernames. There was no need for a phone number or any personal information to be associated with the account. It is close now to a billion users in 2018.
How to Invite a Friend to Use Kik?
There are many ways to add kik friends. Some are discussed below:
The first way you can invite a friend to Kik is to send an invitation to someone you know via SMS, e-mail or through social media networks. When a friend registers Kik with their phone number or e-mail that you have saved on your phone, Kik recognizes that you are a friend and sends you a notification to connect Kik. Also you can use, kik code s, each Kik user has a Kik code that can be accessed from their settings. To add users from their Kik code, tap the search icon, tap Find people, then tap Scan Kik code. You must grant Kik permission to access your camera before you can scan the Kik code of other users to add them.
Kik also has great features like multimedia messaging, video chat, chat customization, and privacy:
- MMS: Not just another SMS messenger, Kik can send multimedia files too!
- Video chat: a new feature recently introduced by Kik includes live video chat with friends, similar to FaceTime, Skype, and other video chat apps.
- Chat list: Of course, like most other SMS platforms, Kik let you list all the different chats you have with people.
- Chat customization: you may notice that Kik is very similar to the look of Apple’s iMessage app.
- Privacy: you can choose whether you want Kik to access your address book to match your contacts.
Once you have installed the app, Kik will automatically ask you to create a new account or login if you already have an account.